The West Yorkshire Racial Justice Network brings together over thirty organisations and individuals from across the region to proactively promote racial justice.
Holistic, Economic, Spiritual and Cultural Repairs to end racial injustice and address legacies of colonialism.
- Organises and mobilises with racially minoritised communities and take positive and effective action.
- Raises awareness about race inequality and injustice by listening and working with disempowered communities to challenge and hold powers accountable.
- Bring Racial justice into mainstream thought and build solidarity.
- Open to learning and sharing
- Work collaboratively and in solidarity
- Be united upon a clear vision and purpose
- Inclusive and centre those who are most marginalised
- Develop knowledge, skills and capacity of racially minoritised groups to participate more fully in society
- Build a resilient community able to take positive and effective action on issues that affect them
- Promote and create new paths to build a more equitable society
- To collectively repair our (mis)education by enhanced awareness around race, racialisation and racism, locally, nationally and globally
- To maintain Race Analysis as core to the network and push race on the ‘Agenda‘
- Be aware, consider and apply Intersections